Wednesday 13 April 2016

Fruity Beauty shower gel


Continuing with my shower gel lovin', I purchased this because I bought Calacas and Slammer at the same time and bought this on impulse. I do like the smell of pineapples and raspberries which swayed me further. I did feel slightly apprehensive though, because after I had made my order, I had seen posts on Instagram and Facebook of people reviewing Fruity Beauty, saying that it smelt 'medicinal' and that the vodka was too strong.

Personally, I don't think it does. If I hadn't seen those reviews beforehand I probably wouldn't have even entertained that idea. You can definitely smell the pineapple in it and for me, there is only a hint of raspberry rather than it being considered a main ingredient. In the shower, the lemon/lime combo does become much more prominent. 

The aloe vera gel works well to coincide with the vodka to neutralise the shower gel, so it doesn't seem too harsh but still giving a slight cooling effect to the skin, which I liked. The aloe vera is also fab at softening the skin.

Although this contains vodka, I wouldn't use this at night time as it has quite a 'pick-me-up' scent - not convenient if you wanted to wind down before you go to bed. So guys, I'd recommend you get your alcohol fix in the morning to kick-start your morning. When I do get a whiff of the scent, it does remind me of sitting by the pool on holiday whilst sipping a cocktail. Ah, bliss...

The lather on this shower gel is great too. It's not one of my favourite shower gels, but if I were to see it in the Kitchen and my bottle was perhaps running low, I wouldn't hesitate to purchase another. 

No comments:

Post a Comment