Thursday 7 April 2016

Black Pearl shower gel


It's not until recently that I realised how popular the shower gels are. I never really understood why they were sellouts, as to me (at the time) they were JUST shower gels. How silly I was. I was always apprehensive about just ordering a shower gel from the Kitchen without really knowing what it smelt like. The first one I ordered from the Kitchen was a Comforter shower gel, which to me was completely different from the bubble bar. 

Upon my new found love for these gels, one week this year (can't remember exactly) they had the Black Pearl shower gel in the Kitchen. I added it to my basket alongside Sonic Death Monkey and as I was in the process of heading to checkout, it vanished. I was a tad gutted as I am known for my love of lavender. I started a hunt via Facebook groups I had joined to see if anyone had any unwanted ones (I was not willing to pay eBay prices!) and behold! Someone had one for sale, from the same batch. 

"Calm stormy moods with a double shot of soothing chamomile and lavender". Upon reading this, you would think it would be quite a gentle scent. I opened the lid and was somewhat surprised with the herbal smell that greeted me, it was unexpected. I had read reviews of people saying it was 'horrific' and 'not lavender-scented at all'. Much of these negative reviews have come from lovers of the Twilight shower gel, which I have yet to try and am on the hunt for as I missed it in last week's Kitchen. 

Whilst the lavender isn't really that obvious in the bottle, it does become much more prominent when used in the shower. The scent generally is much calmer. I quite liked it. I don't love it, but will still keep it for those evenings (particularly after the gym) where I will need to wind down. As for the colour, it is beautiful. I am known for my love of silver, and it really shimmers - although you can't tell as much from the bottle. It lathers really well too.

No comments:

Post a Comment